These are the Guidelines designed for Contributors commenting on the submissions of others as part of the ASO community review process.
This document was itself the subject of a community review: see the relevant page here.
Refer to the web-page on Peer and community review if you'd like further insight into the context for the Guidelines.
The Guidelines also need to be viewed in the light of the ASO Standards for Authors.
Copyright David Gibbens © 2015. The moral rights of the author have been asserted.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
1st draft 29th March 2015
- Published under the title Guidelines for Peer Commentary.
2nd draft - Not released
3rd draft 16 June 2015
- Published under the title Guidelines for Community Review.
- Significant changes in response to Dr.Cirsten Verleger's comments.
- The changes are documented in the author's Response posted through the community review process, included a version of the document with tracked changes.
4th draft 17 June 2015
- The online version going through the Community Review process was updated to include the matrix omitted from the previous version.
- Minor updates to the matrix in the printed version.
- Reference was made to the Submission Guidelines to improve contextual information.
5th draft 20 June 2015
- Minor further changes.
31 August 2015
- Accepted 5th draft as final version following community review.
10th October 2015 - Revised
- Term 'Target Article' defined
- Confidentiality section revised to reflect the possibility that Target Articles (but not the commentary) be published non-confidentially
7th June 2016 - Revised 7th version
- Introduced new Purpose and Scope section of the Guidelines
- Other minor wording changes
[These changes were announced in April but were not uploaded to the website until June]