Alexander Studies Online ['ASO'] is an initiative of the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique ['STAT'].
- STAT, and specifically ASO, is committed to safeguarding the privacy of those who visit this website and/or participate in the ASO project
- We will comply with all the relevant UK and European data protection legislation.
- If you supply any personal information, it will be processed fairly and we will take great care to ensure that it is stored securely and not disclose it to third parties
- We will not sell your information to third parties or otherwise make inappropriate use of it.
- We will not keep information longer than we need to.
Processing your information
We do not attempt to collect personal information from casual visitors to our website.
Beyond this, ASO is a collaborative initiative that aims to share information and ideas amongst ts registered users. We collect minimal personal data about whoever registers to establish their eligibility to register, for obvious and essential administrative purposes, and to allow other registered users to know who belongs to the community.
We also receive correpsondence related to the activities of ASO which typcially includes personal information such as name, telephone number and email address.
Our legal basis for processing the information supplied to us is that it serves the legitimate interests of ASO in providing a collaborative platform that facilitates communication and delivers useful content.
By law, you have rights
- to know how we deal with your personal data (which is the purpose of this Privacy Notice)
- to request a copy of any personal data we hold about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected, whether by amendment, deletion or completion of the personal data held
- to have personal data erased if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it
- to restrict the ways in which we process your personal data
- to object to the ways in which we process your personal data
- in connection with any automated processing of your personal data
- to complain about how we deal with your personal data
If you wish to pursue any of these rights, please address requests to the Editor
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: The Editor, Alexander Studies Online, 8a Parr Close, Exeter, EX1 2BG
- by phone: +44 07528 312932
If you wish to complain about how your personal data has been dealt with, and have not received a satisfactory response from us, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner. See https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ for further details or to start a 'chat' session.
You can turn cookies off, but if you do so, parts of the website may not work properly.
To learn more about cookies please refer to our About Cookies page.
Useful linksFor further legal information about privacy issues, you may find these links useful:
For Registered Users
We collect minimal data from you.
As a Contributor or other Registered User, you can log in to access the Member areas of the website. You have the ability to add a significant amount of personal information to your biography or in any content that you have the permissions to publish.
If you publish this information on the ASO website and it will be deemed to have been placed in the public domain.