These are the terms and conditions under which STAT accepts Comments submitted by you for publication on the Alexander Studies Online [“ASO”] website.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions a Comment is
- any content which you submit or save to the website having previously clicked a ‘Add new comment’, ‘reply’ or similar link or button on the ASO website, such content to include any text, image and/or files uploaded by you as part of or attached to that content; or
- any content which we submit in like manner to (a) on your behalf and which is be attributable to you on the ASO website.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Comment is material that a website user can submit directly via the Drupal comment system and is to be distinguished from material submitted to the Editor as part of the community review, community commentary, or open commentary processes described here [peer and community review] and here [community and open commentary].
You acknowledge and agree that when you submit a Comment you are doing so at your own discretion and risk. You further acknowledge and agree that the views expressed in a Comment do not necessarily reflect the views of STAT. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review, or edit any Comment submitted by you or others.
In respect of any Comment
- you warrant that the Comment has been created by you or that you are authorised by the owner of any part of it to submit it to the ASO website;
- you grant us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit your Comment in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented, provided we exercise such licence in a way that can reasonably be regarded as fulfilling the functions of ASO or any successor to ASO;
- you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to cut crop edit or refuse to publish the Comment at our sole discretion;
- you acknowledge and agree that STAT may hold the Comment in a moderation queue meaning it will not be published immediately;
- you acknowledge and agree that we may remove the Comment from use at any time;
- you acknowledge and agree that we accept no liability in respect of any Comment published by us;
- you warrant that the Comment is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or illegal;
- you warrant that the Comment does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual;
- you acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of the Comment may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes associated with the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices;
- you acknowledge and agree that STAT assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store the Comment.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless STAT and its directors, and employees from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, and expenses, including, but not limited to, lawyers' fees and expenses, arising out a breach by you of these terms and conditions or arising out of a breach of your obligations, representation and warranties under these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
Once you have indicated that you accept these Terms and Conditions they will apply to any Comment submitted by you thenceforwards.
This is a WORKING DRAFT of these terms and conditions.